cPanel and Plesk are the most popular web hosting control panels on the market. On the other hand, Web hosting control panels is one the most valuable piece of software on the Internet. In contrast, used by hosting providers and users to manage all website-related processes. In addition, your website’s popularity attracts hackers who try to break into systems in new ways every day. Balanced against web hosting, security is a top priority for any web hosting service user. Meanwhile, in this article, we take a closer look at the best antivirus toolkit that helps service providers and users protect against attacks, viruses, and malware. These toolkits ensure 100% protection for your website by providing 24/7 security monitoring evidently. If any hacker attack or virus injection occurs, these antivirus toolkits will clean and repair your website instantly. While some of them offer unlimited malware detection.
In contrast, there are many free AV scanners for each operating system such as Bitdefender, and Malwarebytes. Surprisingly, when it comes to securing web hosting servers, the best antivirus toolkits are ClamAV, ImunifyAV, MalSSH, and CobWeb Defender. This article covers the various features of these web-hosting antivirus toolkits to secure your web-hosting server with ease.
Best Antivirus Toolkit For Your Web Server
- Command-line scanner.
- Milter interface for sendmail.
- Advanced database updater with support for scripted updates and digital signatures.
- The virus database is updated multiple times per day.
- Built-in support for all standard mail file formats.
- Built-in support for various archive formats, including ZIP, RAR, Dmg, Tar, GZIP, BZIP2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS, and others.
- Limited functionality and focuses mainly on mail gateway protection.
- No support service.
- Not simple to use and needs various configurations with a command line utility.
Protect your websites from hacks and blacklisting. Keep your websites running and your traffic/visitors growing when we take care of server and website protections against malware and exploits. For Web Hosting service providers Imunify 360 protects Linux-based web servers and all hosted websites against malware infections, web attacks, vulnerability exploitation, and all other threats.
- Automation via Command-Line and API3rd-Party Solution Integration (CSF/lfd/cpHulk)
- The free version scanner detects all malicious threats including backdoors, hacker tools, scripts, phishing pages,s and more.
- Protection at the File System level during file Input/Output operations.
- Supporting Installation files for – cPanel & WHM, Direct Admin, ISPmanager, and Plesk.
- Automated Malware Clean-up.
- Account Brute-Force Prevention (for FTP, SSH, SMTP, Hosting Panel accounts, WordPress).
- ImunifyAV needs to be set up to start scanning from cPanel.
- WHM’s main features, such as auto-cleaning and more frequent auto-scans, require a paid subscription available on the official website.
- Lacks popular third-party integrations.
MalSSH applies an in-depth analysis to each file on the server the antivirus helps keep the server and clients secure enough. The antivirus allows the detection of malware software at any moment. The principle behind MalSSH is based on checking files, sectors, and system memory to search for viruses, both known and unknown to the scanner. For this end, it uses masks, which are fixed, virus-specific code sequences. It also supports both cPanel, Plesk, and Linux web hosting servers.
- The antivirus blocks all malware requests to the website using an injection base.
- The Hidden iFrames detector is able to reveal all iframes that hackers might have installed on the website.
- It detects all types of viruses and uses a unique database to block requests sent to these files.
- Phishing websites mimic actual websites to steal data and money. The antivirus’s task is to detect fishing pages and block them.
- If left, a backdoor can result in a repeated attack. The antivirus finds and closes all backdoors.
- Implanting a malware code run on the user end changes the web page and sends the stolen data to the hacker.
- Solo subscriptions have a limited no of scans/per day,
- No Backup Manager for Blog only subscription.
- Full Website Monitoring only comes with Portal Subscription costing $ 200
CobWeb Defender ensures 100% protection for your website by providing 24/7 security monitoring. If any hacker attack or virus injection occurs, we will clean and repair your website instantly. We offer unlimited malware detection. A powerful tool for monitoring and cleaning your site. This model not only scan and detect all existing viruses and malicious code and use our tool to clean and remove virus and malware from the site. Downtime and the easy-to-use tool will help you easily remove the malware found in the file.
- A unique algorithm uses heuristic analysis that enables viewing and detecting viruses and malware in the binary code.
- Scan all system files of the website.
- Not all hosting companies are willing to provide access without the details of SSH.
- Hide your website from hacker attacks, and increase your website protection level.
- Fully automatic encryption of your website components.
- Installation does not require manual operation. All encoding is performed by clicking on the Start button.
- Real-Time threat defense only comes with premium plans only.
- Only 6-hour support with Premium Plans.
- No 24-hour monitoring.
Choosing the Best Antivirus Toolkit To Secure Web Hosting Server
Supporting Various Web Hosting Control Panel
ClamAV is not supported by Plesk, while ImmunifyAV, MalSSH, and CobWeb Defender support a number of hosting control panels. You can use the MlSSH AV with Plesk, cPanel, or a stand-alone Linux Server. MalSSH is a turnkey solution to protect your customers, look no further. This antivirus toolkit not only detects all suspicious files but also helps users remove backdoors and malware from their websites.
RealTime/ Automated Scanning And Threat Monitoring
MalSSH toolkit is based on probability algorithms, which detect suspicious objects. During the heuristic analysis, a file’s structure is checked and compared with virus templates. With MalSSH you can install a Plesk virus scanner with one button click and perform daily scans or automated scans of all server files. It does all the hard work and detects all suspicious files on your web server. It is really easy to remove malware and backdoors after you perform a complete server scan.
For IT Administrators
MalSSH has developed a solution that allows you to scan all files on your server and detect security breaches, malware, trojans, and more. It is also designed for all Linux systems and will do all the work for you. The Server Virus Scanner searches for viruses, trojan horses, malware, and other threats. It does this by using databases from several authentic sources and using a heuristic algorithm. On the whole, MalSSH is my antivirus toolkit of choice to secure web hosting.