In today’s tutorial, we will learn “How to Add New User in FileZilla Server”. FileZilla is a free and open-source, cross-platform FTP application, consisting of FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. Clients are available for Windows, Linux, and macOS, servers are available for Windows only. Both server and client support FTP and FTPS, while the client can, in addition, connect to SFTP servers.
Create New User
- First Open Filezilla Server.
- Press “CTRL + F” to configure Filezilla Server.
- From the Configure menu, Click on Users Options.
- Now Click Add to Create a new User.
- Give a suitable Name to your New User.
- Make Sure the “User is Enabled” option is ticked.
- From the Credentials Menu, Select your desired option. There is three Option Available.
- Do not require a password to log in
- Require a password to log in
- Use system credentials to log in
- I will refer you to Select “Require a password to log in”.
- Now enter a password.
- we have added a new user to the FileZilla server.
- Now we need to add a Folder for users.
- From Mount Points options Click on the ADD Button.
- In the Mount Points, There are two options available. One is Virtual Path and the other one is Native Path.
- In the Virtual Path, you need to give a pathname that will show you when you connect to your server like “/Downloads”
- Native Path is Absolute Path, so Paste here your Desired Folder path.
- Now from the Permissions Menu, Select a Permission.
- There are three Options Available – 1. Read Only 2. Read + Write 3. Disabled
- Choose Your desired Options.
- Now Apply your Configurations and click the Ok Button.
- That’s it.