Today I will show You how to install the FileZilla FTP client program in Ubuntu Linux.
FileZilla is a free and open-source, cross-platform FTP application, consisting of FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. Client binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and macOS, server binaries are available for Windows only. FileZilla is a powerful and free software for transferring files over the Internet. It is a very popular FTP client and is used by webmasters from all over the world.
Now we can start the installation process, we can install through Ubuntu Software Center or CLI, Let me show you both of them:
Through Ubuntu Software Center:
- First Open Ubuntu Software Center.
- Now click the Search icon available in the top-right position of the window. In the Search box, search the term FileZilla.
- From search results, click the result that represents the FileZilla.
- Now Click the Install button to install the FileZilla.
- Now type your password and authenticate.
- First, make sure that all your system packages are up-to-date
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
- Now Simply Open the Terminal.
- Now Type This Command & Press Enter
sudo apt-get install filezilla
- Type Your Password & Enter.
- To confirm the installation, when asked, type y and press the enter key.
- After the installation process, you will find it in your apps