A Linux distribution (often abbreviated as distro) is an operating system made from a software collection that is based upon the Linux kernel and, often, a package management system. … The software is usually adapted to the distribution and then packaged into software packages by the distribution’s maintainers.
Ubuntu is a Linux-based operating system. It is designed for computers, smartphones, and network servers. The system is developed by a UK-based company called Canonical Ltd. All the principles used to develop the Ubuntu software are based on the principles of Open Source software development.
Most Stable Linux Distros In 2021
There are many free screen recorders GUI available for Linux distribution. Most of them have some compatibilities issue Like Black Screen, Installing Issues. Here is a List That You Can try as GUI
- Open Broadcaster Software Studio
For Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10, and higher with the default Gnome desktop environment, there’s a built-in screen recording tool, you can use through shortcut keys.
Let’s Check How to use this hidden video recording tool
There’s no app shortcut So we need to use it through shortcut keys. and also It has Limited Features :
- Start recording by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R on keyboard.
- Stop recording also by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R.
Maximum video length
- Maximum video length is 30s (change it via following steps).
- If you want to change Video Length then Open Termainal & Type command
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys max-screencast-length 0
- You may replace number 0 in the command as you want.
Window Select Option
- Full-screen recording only.
- Record to WebM only.
- Automatically saved videos to user’s Videos folder.
If you would like to suggest any additions or updates to this page, please let us know.