To format a hard drive means to erase any information on the drive and to set up a file system so your operating system can read data from, and write data to, the drive. You need to format a hard drive if you plan on using it in Windows.
As complicated as that might sound, this isn’t really difficult to do in any version of Windows. All operating systems offer this capability and Windows makes it easy.
So we will go through Some Normal Processes.
- In the Run prompt (Win + R), Type “Diskpart”, and hit the Enter key.
- It will open the Run Prompt console.
- Now Type “List Volume” to show your Volumes.
- Now select your desired volume to type Like “Select Volume 3” & Press Enter Key.
- Now format the drive with FAT or NTFS file system. Type ‘format fs=ntfs’ and press Enter.
- It will take some time to format your Volume.
- I hope I can help you today.
You have now Formatted your desired HDD!
Here is Tutorial Video Link