What Is .Net Framework?
.NET Framework is a software development framework for building and running applications on Windows. NET Framework is part of the .NET platform, a collection of technologies for building apps for Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and more. NET is a developer platform made up of tools, programming languages, and libraries for building many different types of applications.
There are various implementations. NET. Each implementation allows .NET code to execute in different places—Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and many more.
- .NET Framework is the original implementation of. NET. It supports running websites, services, desktop apps, and more on Windows.
- .NET Core is a cross-platform implementation for running websites, services, and console apps on Windows, Linux, and macOS. .NET Core is open-source on GitHub.
- Xamarin/Mono is a .NET implementation for running apps on all the major mobile operating systems, including iOS and Android.
.NET Standard is a formal specification of the APIs that are common across .NET implementations. This allows the same code and libraries to run on different implementations.
How To Install .Net Framework 3.5 Using Powershell On Windows Server
- Open PowerShell as Administrator.
- To run PowerShell, specifically, as administrator from the search bar:
- Click on the search box at the taskbar and type PowerShell. This action will bring up the PowerShell edition of your preference.
- Look for Windows PowerShell or just PowerShell, if using PowerShell Core, from the search result.
- Right-click on the menu item and select Run as administrator.
- Run the command
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName "NetFx3".