How to Remove Hyper-V completely Using PowerShell
In this tutorial, we will see “How to Remove Hyper-V completely Using PowerShell”. Microsoft Hyper-V, codenamed Viridian, and briefly known before its release as Windows Server Virtualization, is a native hypervisor; it can create virtual machines on x86-64 systems running Windows.
To determine whether the Hyper-V hypervisor is running, follow these steps:
- In the windows search box, type msinfo32.exe and press Enter key.
- After this Select System Information options.
- In the detail window, locate the following entry: A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.
- That means Hyper-V is running on your Server.
How to completely uninstall Hyper-V:
- First, we need to open PowerShell as an administrator.
- In the windows search bar type Powershell.
- After this right click PowerShell and click Run as administrator.
- After opening the PowerShell window paste this command: Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
- Now hit the Enter key and a prompt will appear.
- Prompt: Do you want to restart the computer to complete this operation now?
- Now Type Y and hit Enter, it will remove all Hyper-V options from your PC.
- You need to Restart after uninstalling Hyper-V.
- You can type N (No) and restart Windows manually. That’s it.