What is VPS Server?
All you need to know about VPS
Let’s dive into a virtualized server, which we call a Virtual Private Server(VPS).
Assume a mini universe inside the universe, from where the user can access its own operating system, and resources (CPU, RAM, and storage), and can run its own applications and software. An independent universe that operates independently as if it is a separate universe, with high-speed internet 24 hours a day, and you can take advantage of it from any location.
Virtual Servers showers more control, privacy, and flexibility compared to shared hosting where several websites share resources on a single server. Its abundance of independent resources and its performance with the stability of the user’s website or application is less affected by the activities of other users.
VPS is an intellectual choice for businesses, developers, and users with added affordable economic cost.
Virtual Private Server has various types according to their functions, such as a virtual server for Windows, Linux, Mikrotik, etc.
In diving, we will encounter the definition of a Virtual Server, its types, and its applications. We will also know about the advantages and disadvantages of VPS and its working, management, and control of VPS panels.
What is a Server?
In the process of gathering knowledge and diving deep into VPS, it is icing on the cake to swim through and learn the concept of a server.
In particular, a server is a provider which provides aid according to the user’s request. A communication factor in the network. It provides resources, services, or functionality to other computers or devices, often over a network.
Network server refers to the server which is accessible only in the realm of an internal network and all the computers connected to this network will be under the dominance of the server and will provide their web-based needs with its aid.
But if this network consists of a collection of computers with the Internet, then we encounter large groups of computers on and available through the Internet. The internet service provides the user with the information searched on the internet bandwidth all the time. Basically, the Internet is a worldwide system of computer networks.
All computer systems have a specific address for accessibility and identification, and by connecting to the internet, they join its worldwide network. They are accepting services or servicing with their unique address on the internet.
In this realm of the network, some systems are servicing by entering the site address in the browser. The data and information of the website are pinpointed in the computer system, where the web server is installed. Storage of enormous information is on-site, or endless users worldwide may be connected to this site; Inevitably this site cannot be supported by a simple computer.
In the huge internet network as a result service provider, provides users with the content of the site that is allowed to display and host.
What is Bandwidth?
Network bandwidth refers to the maximum amount of data that can be transmitted over a network connection within a given period of time, commonly measured in bits per second (bps), and represents the speed of a network channel.
It regulates information exchange over a network in a specific time frame. Bandwidth exhibits a number of bits, kilobits, megabits, or gigabits that can be transmitted in 1 second. Basically, it impacts the speed and responsiveness of web browsing, video streaming, downloading files, documents, and other online activities.
For example, bandwidth can be thought of as the width of the pipe through which data flows. A wider pipe allows for more data to be transmitted simultaneously, resulting in higher bandwidth, but if it is narrower it will take time to flow.
You can have access to dedicated and reserved bandwidth with the help of virtualization technology and server administrator authority.
What is a Data Centre?
Simply, A big warehouse filled with computers and other devices that store, process, and distribute data in a reliable and secure manner.
Too many huge computer systems, servers, and network equipment perform uninterrupted computing, storage, and data transfer operations. Centers are designated to provide a secure environment for the equipment, ensuring that it operates reliably and efficiently as servers have strong networks and hardware that consumes a lot of power and generates a lot of heat that cannot be supported in a normal environment. Data Centres are equipped with features like backup power supplies, cooling systems, fire suppression systems, and robust security measures to protect the valuable data and equipment inside.
We came across various topics, but the article targets virtual servers, and understanding the importance of the geographical location of the data center when purchasing a VPS and understanding the concept of the data center is necessary.
How to create a Virtual Server?
Virtualization technology plays a huge role in creating virtual servers by dividing a particular server. Virtual Server involves setting up a virtual machine on a physical server. The server administrator can provide dedicated resources for each section based on customer needs and affordability.
As you remember, we gave an example of a mini universe inside the universe from which a user can access its own operating system, and resources and can run its own applications and software. We can have our own secure virtual server with the desired operating system and administrator access without the need for initial server configuration.
Definition of Virtualization
Creating a Virtual copy or simulation of something real is known as Virtualization. Virtualization helps you install and manage multiple operating systems on one hardware or server at the same time, and you can maximize productivity with minimal cost. It is a technology that allows hardware resources, including memory, CPU, disk, network card, etc., in a computer system to set up and host multiple operating systems.
It lets you do more with less by creating virtual representatives of things that exist physically. It should be marked that virtualization systems are available for free or not free for different operating systems, depending on their type and function.
On the server, Virtualization is used for dividing to turn a single server into multiple virtual servers, each running its own desired operating system. The server also needs to support virtualization technology. In this case, a server can be used in different ways and purposes, and instead of performing a specific task, Have optimal performance and also save money.
Basic VPS Infrastructure Based on Virtualization technology
Most virtualization infrastructures are Linux based and most hosting companies use Linux-based virtualization infrastructure and VMWARE and KVM;
After diving through virtualization technology, let’s have a glance over some examples of virtualization infrastructure:
XEN: Xen is an open-source virtualization platform that allows you to create and manage virtual machines(VM) on a computer or server. It is the fastest and most professional VM in the world IT. Xen hypervisor is based on Linux software, and In addition to Debian, Xen Virtualization supports Solaris, which is a version of Linux.
Xen is an intelligent choice because it is compatible with both Linux and Windows operating systems and does not require an operating system; You can install it directly on the hardware. It is used widely due to its stability, security, and performance. It is widely used in data centers and cloud infrastructure to optimize resource utilization, enhance scalability, and improve the overall efficiency of computing resources. This virtualizer is not free and is mainly used in specialized organizations.
ESXi: ESXi virtualization is a powerful platform that allows you to create and manage virtual machines on your physical servers. It is the latest version of VMware hypervisor that runs directly on hardware without the need for an operating system like Xen. It is a bare-metal hypervisor developed by VMware.
It is widely used in enterprise environments and data centers, particularly in VMware’s virtualization ecosystem. It integrates with other VMware tools and technologies, such as vCentre Server, to provide centralized management and monitoring of virtualized infrastructure.
One of the advantages of ESXi includes reduced physical infrastructure costs, high stability, highly advanced fault tolerance systems, Flexibility of activities, ease of upgrading and updating, and support for remote developers.
OpenVZ: It is one of the best open-source operating system-level virtualization technology and the most widely used free virtualizers that creates various Linux virtual systems and servers. It only supports the Linux operating system.
It is popular among hosting providers and organizations that require a cost-effective and scalable virtualization solution.
KVM: Kernel-based Virtual Machine is Linux-based free but requires special non-free panels to communicate with the user panel. It has a user-friendly environment, users and server administrators can have remote access to different parts of the virtual server by having its panels, and you can turn the server on and off and have all the steps of the boot server. Renowned among these panels are SolusVM and AutoVM.
It is often used in data centers and cloud environments, as it offers robust features like live migration, allowing VMs to be moved between physical hosts without any disruption to their operation. The possibility of changing the operating system of the virtual server at any time by the user, and the user, sharing a keyboard and monitor with several different systems, and the possibility of better monitoring of the user on the virtual server.
Virtual Server Applications: The most efficient applications of Virtual Servers are as follows:
To point out the applications of Windows Virtual Server, we can mention the most important reasons for choosing it because of fast data transfer and managing Forex trades; In contrast, one of the most important applications of the Linux virtual server is to create a web server, create a proxy server and even build a game server!
- Hosting websites: Hosting websites includes storing website files on a server provided by a hosting service provider to make the website accessible to users over the internet. Most users use shared services to host their websites, but if they have a large, high-traffic, growing site, Over time, they encounter significant problems and also shared hosting will not meet the site’s needs. In this situation, the best choice is virtual servers with a lower cost than a dedicated server and similar features to a dedicated server. VPS ensures that the server is configured properly and connected to the internet so that users can access your website around the clock. They handle tasks such as server maintenance, security, backups, and providing necessary resources like bandwidth and storage space.
Sites that need to use VPS and shared hosting will not work well for the needs of the site:
- Store sites with many products and customers, and their transactions are high.
- Virtual schools have many participants in their classes.
- Video sharing sites privately and publicly share Heavy and bulky videos and files.
- And programming sites that use proprietary technology in their programming and need high access to the server should use a virtual server because shared hosting will not meet the needs of such sites.
- Email server to send unlimited emails per day.
Since email marketing is one of the most powerful online sales channels, it is essential in corporate businesses; Usually, sending email services is a good choice if you have a small number of users and customers, but if you have experience using shared hosting, The limit on the number of emails you send has been annoying for you, but if you are going to send a large number of emails during the day or week and need to be privatized.
VPS is a great remedy for the above issues.
- Server application to implement a specific application with dedicated resources: Most programming professionals need to run specific applications to accomplish their goals; In this case, they need to use programs on the computer systems that can keep it active around the clock and easily manage the desired program remotely. It is possible to install the desired software, direct server management, and have dedicated service facilities for a lower cost than buying or renting a dedicated server via VPS.
- Database server without limiting the use of database size: Hosting service that allows you to store and manage databases without imposing restrictions on the size of the databases. Also, if you have a lot of information and need to back it up constantly, buying a VPS is a wise choice, especially since using a remote virtual server, you can manage your information, and also, for more security, the database.
- GIT service: This service allows developers and teams to use the collaborative and version control capabilities of Git while benefiting from the convenience and additional features offered by the hosting platform. Simply, it is used for online backup and copying of developing programs, and using the GIT project management service, various programmers can put their code on a virtual server.
- Code and Project management: Virtual server has an excellent performance in the field of code and project management, especially when programmers work on the project remotely, or if separate teams for software development work together, you have to use a VPS.
- Improve Website Performance: Make websites faster and more efficient so that it loads quickly and provides a smooth experience for users. By placing different sections of your site, such as database, email, and web, on the created VDSs, you can quickly investigate the causes of the problem and find the problem. Using these facilities, if a malfunction occurs on one of the machines, the other parts will continue to operate without interruption. This feature is another VPS application to improve the performance of different parts of the site.
- Program development and production: Virtual servers meet the needs of developers who need special services to develop large software projects.
- Management systems and activities: VPS is the intellectual remedy for direct, online management of any location. It also makes it possible for everyone to use integrated management systems such as a dedicated Task Manager.
- VPN replacement: VPN provides encrypted connections, anonymity, and secure access to networks. Using a VPN, like other protocols and software, has its drawbacks; If you want a dedicated high-speed VPN with a Fixed IP, VPS is a good alternative.
- Game server: VPS provides mind-blowing results for hosting a private gaming server due to the interest and tendency of a wide range of users to play online games and the need for gamers to speed up and ping down. Today, VPS has hosted popular games such as Minecraft, Runescape, and World of Warcraft, and their use is practically an advantage for gamers. Also, game developers can easily make their changes.
- Digital Currency Transaction: Frequent sluggishness outages when digital trading currencies cause huge financial losses. In financial markets such as Forex, every moment is very important. VPS can Reduce your worries during sensitive transactions without interruption and satisfactory speed with its features.
- Test programming codes: If you have a programming company and you do various projects during the month, or you have a company whose programmers are constantly making special programs and coding; In this case, programmers need to regularly test their program code and be able to troubleshoot and fix it quickly; In addition, the forces need an information web host who can upload the entire project to it and access it from various locations such as the company, home, and so on. In this case, VPS is one of the best and most efficient options for testing coding programs.
When do we need a Virtual Server?
Virtual Server helps us to optimize resources, reduce costs, increase flexibility, enhance security, and streamline various IT operations. Choosing the correct server for your activity becomes clear after launching the site. Over time, you realize that you are facing problems and the server you selected is not compatible with the goals and needs of your site. The question may arise as to when VPS is the right choice for your needs; In the following, we will explain the cases that you find out when it’s time to switch your server to VPS.
When site security is a significant factor for you: VPS is the best option to use more monitoring capabilities and increase site security. If you sell products or services on your site and have payment steps, use a virtual server to improve safety. It provides isolation between different virtual machines and enhances security and prevents conflicts between applications running in different VMs.
If your site traffic is growing and expanding: If you use shared hosting to host your site and your site traffic is rising daily; In this situation, shared hosting can not have an efficient Performance, and even with increasing traffic and user input to the site due to poor management of shared hosting, your site may become inaccessible. So pay attention to the issue that if your site will have more traffic and is developing, VPS can be useful.
If you have an online store: Virtual Server is an intellectual and beneficial choice for online stores because having a proper and secure server is essential to protect credit cards against data theft. Using a secure virtual server and its admirable security features, online payment steps will be performed without worries.
When the site speed decreases: If you have set up your site on shared hosting; In fact, several sites use the same source and RAM, which definitely has a negative effect on the speed of the site. In your opinion, with the increase in content and visits to your site, will shared hosting have a desirable performance? Of course not, you will face problems.
VPS stands out as the best solution for speed issues in developing and improving the quality and content of your site.
When you encounter more errors from the servers: Facing errors such as Service Unavailable, X50, and Internal server error from the server indicates that it is time to change the server. These server-side problems will be problematic in the process of your activity, and it is better to fix them immediately, as VPS can be a solution to this problem.
If you want to install custom software: Shared hosting can be an intellectual choice for users of content management systems such as WordPress, but if you require a dedicated content management system and need to make custom settings to gain more control over your hosting, The VPS is more efficient for this request. Also, shared hosting can not support advanced applications well.
If the purpose of your activity on the site is to provide services: A Virtual server with sufficient RAM and proper performance and providing multiple domains for all websites that provide services to customers; is beneficial and appropriate.
If you don’t have enough money to buy or rent a dedicated server: Virtual Servers help save money by allowing multiple virtual machines to run on a single physical server. We can use virtualization to consolidate them onto a single server, reducing hardware and operational costs. Because the cost of renting a virtual server is higher than a shared host, it has an important difference from a shared host. It is also more affordable than a dedicated server while offering the same features. If you don’t have enough budget to set up a site, VPS is the right choice. Still, by increasing the income, a dedicated server can be a better option in the future to solve site problems and increase security and resources. But try not to neglect VPS to set up the site to prevent future problems.
Familiarity with different types of VPS
There are several types of Virtual Private Server(VPS) based on how they are managed, control panels, operating systems, and different virtualizations. We intend to examine the types of virtual servers from every aspect.
Types of virtual servers based on how they are managed
In VPSs, we have two types of managed servers, managed and unmanaged.
Managed VPS: It is a hosting service where the provider takes care of server management tasks, such as software updates, security, and backups. They handle technical issues, allowing you to focus on your website or application. Managing a VPS server, it’s the server that you use, but the controls for executing and installing, and managing software and server security details and maintenance are entirely the responsibility of the service provider. Managed server means that you have no worries about server setup and maintenance as well as updates and troubleshooting. As you know, server management is very specialized, and it is highly recommended that you leave it to experienced experts. it is easy to use in comparison with a shared host but it has more features and resources, better security, and also faster speed. In other words, the company which is the hosting service provider is responsible for installing the required software, being perfect, functioning properly, and servicing the server. Many people choose a managed server because it is ideal for users with no server management expertise. Generally, this type of server service is a bit more expensive than an unmanaged server.
Unmanaged VPS: It gives you complete control over the virtual server, but you are responsible for managing and maintaining it yourself. You have root access and can install, configure, and manage all the software and applications on the server. On unmanaged servers, you only hire a cheaper server, but the reliability and security of the managed server are much higher because you benefit from the expertise of highly experienced experts, which is excellent for corporate and business applications.
Many things are much more valuable and affordable. That’s why managed server hosting is a little more expensive. Another difference between a regular server and an unmanaged server is your ability to master the server. On an unmanaged server, you rent the server and take full control of it, but on a managed server, you don’t have to worry about maintaining and updating the server, which is a specialized job.
When buying an unmanaged virtual server, do not forget that no special services will be provided and only the initial preparation for creating and installing the operating system will be done for you.
Control Panel for VPS Management
Regarding the types of VPSs in the management field, we mentioned that if the control panel is installed on the VPS, in fact, the VPS is managed, but if the installation of the control panel is the responsibility of the user, we use the unmanaged VPS. Of course, installing control panel versions on a virtual server is not a complicated task.
In the following, we will briefly reference the most popular and well-known control panels with their features.
Cpanel: The most famous control panel is Linux VPS runs on a Linux operating system and is currently one of the easiest and most standard methods of site management. By creating and using a cPanel account, you can use various sections such as file upload, file transfer via FTP, backup, Manage email, DNS ZONE, peripherals installation, domain and subdomain control, MySQL database, etc. It also allows you to install various software and content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, and more. Cpanel has a user-friendly space and a simple user interface, And it has security settings and modules to improve security. Also, features such as online backups and regular updates to fix the problem have made it even more popular.
Direct Admin: This control panel, like Cpanel, is one of the hosting platforms and is a graphical web hosting control panel that is web and Linux based and runs only on Linux systems and RedHat, CentOs, FreeBSD, and Debian versions. Direct Admin has made it easy to manage the website on the server and host, and with Direct Admin, you can manage your websites with the levels of Admin, Reseller, or regular user and user. It is better to note that Direct Admin is better compatible with CentOS and it is better to install Direct Admin On CentOS! Direct Admin control panel, in addition to simplicity and ease of use, has an anti-crash capability, which has led to increased stability in services, and also has a high speed because it has been tried to be simple, beautiful, and at the same time practical, And be professionally designed. Also, one of the advantages of Direct Admin is its modularity, in which you can install security and management modules on it according to your needs, thus increasing security. Direct Admin is not free, and it costs money, but it costs less than other control panels.
Plesk: Plesk is a kind of host control panel that is installed on Windows and Linux operating systems. This control panel has a convenient and very user-friendly interface, and is compatible with mobile content management systems, all types of operating systems, and Plesk different versions of PHP such as PHP7 and Perl, CGI-BIN, Java, Ruby, Python, and. NET. It also supports a variety of application plugins and has high security.
Webmin Control Panel: Webmin cpanel is famous as well as a free web control panel that is utilized to manage Linux servers. One of its weaknesses is that it does not have security settings by default, and it is the user’s responsibility to provide security factors. You need to be proficient in Linux to take advantage of its high features. Webmin is also modular, and you can install and manage various system services as a module.
Virtualmin control panel: This control panel, like Webmin, is a web-based application for managing Linux hosting, and this control panel allows hosting management for free. The control panel is modular, but its default security is not enough.
Types of Virtual Servers based on the Operating Systems.
Virtual Servers support a variety of operating systems for server management;
We mention 3 types of operating systems:
Windows: It runs on the Windows operating system and provides a Windows-based environment for hosting websites or applications. Two kinds of Windows can be installed on Windows VPS, Core and graphical (Desktop). Graphical like Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10. Also, each server version has a core version. The provider of this service has to provide you with a licensed version of Windows on the VPS. If you wish to order this service (Graphical Windows VPS), I recommend ordering a plan that has more than 2GB of RAM because the operating system of Windows uses the 1 GB of RAM of the VPS so you should have more resources if you don’t want your VPS to freeze up while working. Also When choosing a virtual server type, pay attention to the programming language of your site; If your site is under Microsoft languages such as ASP.NET, Windows Virtual Server will work better for you.
You can use a web-based Windows operating system such as RDP to manage Windows Virtual Server, and one of the significant advantages of Windows Virtual Server compared to Linux is that it is simple and familiar to most users, and the majority of users have experience with using the Windows operating system. And also do not need to use the command line in the Windows environment.
Introduction to Windows server core series: In this version of Windows, you will have just a CMD interface, and you can run CMD and Powershell commands. This edition is available on Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019.
The server core doesn’t support applications that need a desktop environment. This version is lighter, has fewer bugs, and it is safer as a result. Only server roles are provided on the core edition. Here are some examples:
- DNS Server
- Active Directory
- File Services
- Print Services
- Web Server (IIS)
- DHCP Server
- Host Guardian Service
Here are some of the basic roles available on the Windows server
Also, Windows server editions come with the Server Manager option which contains roles:
- Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS)
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
- Active Directory Rights Management Services
- Device Health Attestation
- DHCP Server
- DNS Server
- Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS)
- File and Storage Services
- Host Guardian Service
- Print and Document Services
- Routing and Remote Access Server
- Remote Desktop Services Connection Broker
- Web Server (IIS)
- Windows Server Essentials Experience
- Windows Server Update Services
Difference between Windows and Windows Server
Hardware Support: let’s take an example, while Windows Server 2019 supports 24 TB of RAM, Windows 10 Pro supports 4TB of RAM. Windows Server supports 64 sockets of processors with unlimited cores while Windows 10 Pro supports a maximum of 2 processors with 256 cores.
Server manager: The main difference between Windows 10 and Windows Server is this, Windows Server comes with server management software and you will be able to use features like active directory, DHCP, and many more features inside it while this software doesn’t come with Windows 10 Pro. Some limited options in Windows Server: In Windows Server, you won’t be able to log in to your Microsoft account to import or export settings from or to another PC. Also, options like Cortana and Timeline are not available on Windows Server.
Updates: Windows 10 received updates faster than Windows Server, In Windows Server, you will be able to disable the updates from group policies while in Windows 10 you will be able just to pause the updates.
Network Connections: in Windows 10, it has been limited to 20 connections while in Windows Server, you will have unlimited network connections.
Price: According to the characteristics, features, and usage of Windows Server, it is more costly than a Windows 10 Pro. The price of the license Windows Server costs you from 500$ to higher amounts as per your requirements.
Similar Codes: Both Windows and Windows servers are using the same codings and kernel. If you have installed both, you will find that there is no difference in the appearance between Windows and Windows servers.
All kinds of software that you install on your own PC or laptop also can be installed on Windows VPS, the below services can be run on Graphical (Desktop) Windows VPS:
- Running website: You can run your website on Windows VPS and it’s not important what your website coding language is.
- Running your script: Windows VPS can be used to run any script.
- Create VPN: Windows VPS can be used as a VPN server. The built-in VPN protocols on this kind of VPS are Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2), PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP.
- Be always online: Sometimes you need a website to be open 24 hours a day or maybe you have a page, processor, or script that should be always up.
- Browse with the IP of another country: There are some websites that accept IPs from only specific countries like the USA, in this case, USA Windows VPS will be suitable for you.
- Download and upload: As the internet connection of Windows VPS has more bandwidth with a higher speed than yours and also because it is cheaper, it will be suitable for downloading and uploading.
- Mail Server: Windows VPS can be used as a mail server to send emails.
- Backup server: Windows VPS can be used as a backup server to keep, restore and transfer your backups in it.
Windows Server Editions:
- Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1: It was released in 1993. It was a 32-bit system and came in a version for terminals and another one for servers.
- Windows NT Server 3.5: In 1994 it was introduced. Inter-connectivity with Unix systems was introduced in this version. Once it was released, most of the network was working on Unix servers, therefore, if Windows wanted to be accepted in Network businesses.
- Windows NT Server 3.51: in 1995 this version was released to manage the systems running Windows 95.
- Windows NT Server 4.0: The IIS 2.0 was included in this version for free. Internet Information Service is Microsoft’s free web server.
- Windows Server 2000: Many of the features that we use on the Windows Servers edition are introduced with the enhancements that came with this version such as the creation of active server pages (ASP), support of XML, and active directory for authenticating users.
- Windows Server 2003: In the last versions, you had to reboot the server for any changes that you make in the Windows server but in this version, it was resolved, Also .net framework was provided in this system for the first time. Shortly after the release, Microsoft provided an update to upgrade the system to a 64-bit environment.
- Windows Server 2003 R2: It was released in 2005, customers who had bought Windows Server 2003, had free access to this version. Microsoft focused on enhancing the security of this version. Microsoft provided extra features for this version which was the Active Directory Federation. It was possible to regulate security policies through the configuration wizard. The other improvement was the better compression for files.
- Windows Server 2008: The new version of the Windows server took 3 years to get ready. Hyper-V and Event Viewer were bundled into this version.
- Windows Server 2008 R2: The core of this version was Windows 7 so it is was providing a 64-bit program environment. RDS (Remote Desktop Services) was provided on this version.
- Windows Server 2012: In 2012, Microsoft provided this version to win in the cloud by providing features on this version to have better interaction with off-site services. In this version, Microsoft focused on improving Hyper-V abilities This version was released with the Cloud OS name. Both Powershell and server core are provided on this version.
- Windows Server 2012 R2: This version was released in 2013. The usage of Powershell was extended in this version, also new improvements have appeared in this version such as rewriting security systems and network services, Also some storage features were improved in this version such as duplication for distributed files and better file-sharing access.
- Windows Server 2016: Nano server is implemented on this version which is a lightweight minimal server that has fewer interfaces so it is harder to be attacked. Also, a new encryption Hyper-V method was added to VM systems, and the ability to interact with docker to this version. Microsoft provided the Network Controller in this version to manage both physical and virtual machines from one console.
- Windows Server 2019: This version is provided in 2018. A new feature by the name Windows Admin Center has been provided on this version which allows the admin of the server to also manage 2012 and 2016 Windows servers. It covers all of the servers and it’s not important if the server is full GUI, server core, or nano server. This version comes with Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) which offers the ability to adjust virtualized services without taking the system down.
Windows Desktop editions:
- MS-DOS: (Outdated) Microsoft developed it for IBM-compatible computers in 1981.
- Windows 1.0–2.0: (Outdated) Microsoft released it in 1985. The users were able to click and point in this version.
- Windows 3.0–3.1: (Outdated) Microsoft released this version in 1900. Microsoft provided better icons and advanced graphics which were designed for Intel 386 processors.
- Windows 95: (Outdated) In August 1995 Microsoft released Windows 95, it was a major update for Windows, it was improved in performance and the user interface was changed totally, also it was supporting 32-bit applications.
- Windows 98: (Outdated) It was released in 1998, Windows 98 supports new technologies Like FAT32.
- Windows ME — Millennium Edition: (Outdated) Microsoft introduced this update for the core of Windows 98, also the “ Boot in DOS “ option was removed in this version.
- Windows NT 31. — 4.0: (Outdated) Was released from 1993 to 1996, it was support multitasking and it was designed to work as a server in the network.
- Windows 2000: (Outdated) This version was released in 2000 as its name says. It was provided in Professional, Advanced, and Data-center editions.
- Windows XP: (Outdated) It was released in 2001 and it was an update of the kernel of Windows 2000. It was provided in Home and Professional editions.
- Windows Vista: (Outdated) Microsoft released this in 2006, it was more reliable, faster, and it was better in performance.
- Windows 7: (Outdated) The first release date for Windows 7 was in October 2009. It was published to fix the issues of Windows Vista, It had a better user experience and had enhancements in appearance.
- Windows 8: (Available) Windows 8 was a major edition of Windows in appearance and speed. In this version, USB 3.0 was supported. The start button disappeared in this version.
- Windows 8.1: (Available) Good news, the Start button was included!
- Windows 10: (Available) Released in 2014, The purpose of this edition was to support multiple devices such as Windows phones and tablets.
It is a virtual server that runs on the Linux operating system. It provides a dedicated environment with its resources, including CPU, memory, storage, and network connectivity, within a larger physical server. If your site language is PHP and you want to run Nginx, Apache, and Litespeed web services; Using a Linux virtual server is a better choice, and also the open-source nature of the Linux virtual server allows users to use the majority of different programs and modules in the virtual server. Linux virtual servers have powerful hardware that delivers incredible performance, speed, and quality through a variety of virtualizers.
In 1991, a young student was educated at Helsinki University by the name Linux Torvalds. At that time, he was working on the Minix operating system which was a limited version of Unix. Considering the problems and limitations of this operating system, he decided to create an operating system based on the Unix Kernel to make his required modifications to it, as a result, in the late 1990s, the release of the 0.02 version of this operating system was celebrated. Thanks to the open-source being of Linux, the progress was really impressive. Because Linux is open-source, from the beginning, Linus published the news of this release and introduced webmasters and developers to work on this operating system. Considering the freedom of the developers on working on this operating system, it didn’t take much time for this project to become famous and thousands of people from all over the world volunteered to develop and personalize it. Because developers are free to make any modifications to this operating system, now we see various versions and different distributions of this operating system all over the world.
It is a cost-effective option compared to proprietary operating systems. Totally all of the Linux distributions are created on their main core or (Kernel). that free software is integrated with it which makes the complete version (distribution).In simple English, Linux is a combination of the main core (Kernel) and some free open-source applications. Considering the open-source being of Linux and because of its flexibility of structure, it has many usages. For example, because of its multi-task and multi-user features, it is a good choice to be used in the network. Also, in terms of security, this operating system is well on its way. In order to define the security of it, it is enough to say that 70 % of hardware firewalls use the customized version of this operating system. To answer this question that which of the distributions that we use, I should say that it is not really important because the base of all Linux distributions is the same and you can configure 1 thing in all of the distributions but maybe with different methods and the choice of the best distribution is related to the scientific level of the user, the requirements of the user of Linux and, the features of each distribution. The most famous releases of Linux VPS are CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, and CloudLinux and we will check some of them in this topic so we will know better distribution to choose as a result.
- REDHAT: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) is a commercial version of the Linux operating system that offers enhanced security, stability, and support for enterprise environments. It is based on Fedora Linux and has been produced and developed in the United States. The architecture that has been made on are x86, x390x, s390, PowerPC, ia64, i386, and x64. The desktops that RHEl supports are KDE and Gnome and as a result, this operating system can be used as a server or desktop. RHEL is one of the few Linux distributions that has been developed and designed by a specific company and specifically, it is used for business topics. RedHat company is the owner and producer of RHEL. RedHat is not free like other Linux distributions and in order to use RedHat Enterprise, you should buy it from RedHat company but based on the open-source rules, the codes written in this operating system are accessible for free and sometimes we face distributions that have originated from this. Consider that there is no Linux Red Hat at the moment and the Red Hat products have been produced until 2004. Red Hat introduced its first Linux product in 1994. Red Hat was the first Linux distribution that was using the RPM package manager for formatting its software. Once the production of Red Hat was stopped in 2004, Red Hat company introduced a new product to the world and it was nothing else than Fedora. Unlike Red Hat, Fedora was a free Linux and everybody could use it
After that, Red Hat company started to produce its new product by the name Red Hat Enterprise with the base of fedora. The first version of the Red Hat Enterprise distribution was introduced by the name Red Hat Linux Advanced. In 2003, Red Hat company renamed this product to Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS and also introduced 2 new versions by the names Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES and Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS.
Red Hat company applied strict rules about distributing its free product (RHEL) in order to keep its business branding safe but also observed the nature of the open-source and put the source codes of RHEL to the public. Numerous versions of Linux distributions used RHEl source codes and reliable distributions were introduced like CentOS and Scientific Linux for free. Business distributions were introduced that were compatible with RHEL, for example, Oracle Linux which is exactly the same RHEL that has been produced to use a database like Oracle.
- CentOS: Community Enterprise Operating System is a Linux distribution based on the freely available source code of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It aims to provide a free and open-source alternative to RHEL while maintaining compatibility and stability. Centos was released in 2004 and it is part of the Community Enterprise Operating System. The main kernel of Centos Linux has been taken from RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and as a result, this system is completely compatible with RHEL so we should say that it has been taken from Fedora. For years, CentOS was an independent project and operating system until 2014 when it joined Red Hat. The versions of CentOS that release every time are the mirror versions of RHEL. It means after any time that a new version of RHEL is released, a similar version for CentOS will be also released. It takes about some weeks or months to release the new version of CentOS because the CentOS group needs some time to remove the Red hat branding and to create actually everything from the RHEL source codes In these organizations, RHEl is used as the main server and Centos is used for non-sensitive systems or they use CentOS as a redundant backup server. This will help the organizations to hire just one system administrator predominant to RHEL.
Debian is the most famous one among Linux distributions in the world. It is interesting to know that in July 2010, for the first time, CentOS became the most used operating system as a web server, in that time more than 30% of the web servers of the world were using it as an operating system. CentOS is one of the most popular operating systems for using web-hosting services. Considering the compatibility between CentOS and RHEL, this operating system is compatible with most of the software of the world. Nowadays, most of the hosting control panels use CentOS as their Linux distribution. Architecturally and technically, CentOS distribution supports x64, x86, and i138.
- Debian: Debian is widely used in various domains, including desktop computing, server environment, embedded systems, and scientific research. Its commitment to free software, stability, and community-driven development has made it one of the most respected and influential Linux distributions available today. For the first time in 1993 Debian GNU/Linux was introduced. This Linux was written by its founder Ian Murdock and other thousands of volunteer developers. This idea was in their mind to introduce a completely non-commercial operating system to the world. Most of the time used to develop Debian was the developer’s free and overtime and no money was paid for them to develop Debian. Debian is the world’s biggest and most extended collaborative project in the world and maybe we won’t see any other sample of expansion like this in the software industry. The most important reason for the success of Debian was that it has more than a thousand developers. At the moment there are more than 50000 software packages and the most important thing is that by modifications on the source code of Debian, at the moment we have 120 distributions originated from Debian which shows the power of Debian. Along with these positive features, the main problem of Debian is the long and complex process of developing the operating system and the experiments and tests which are done with it. The stable version of Debian GNU/Linux doesn’t receive updates often and normally the stable versions of Debian are provided in about 1 to 3 years, because of this, Debian lovers have to use the buggy or in-test versions of Debian until they receive the new stable version and the same is true for software packages. Debian uses the APT (Advanced Package Tool) package manager for formatting its software.
- Ubuntu: It is a Linux-based operating system that is famous for its user-friendliness, simplicity, and widespread community support. This Operating system supports PowerPC, i686, armhfp, x64, and x86 architectures. Totally we know Ubuntu as a powerful desktop product and it has been used less as a server. Actually, it has the ability to act as a server but beginners and newcomers use it as a server. Ubuntu is a free product in the scope of the free desktop operating system that receives support from communities and commercials. It is developed by Canonical Ltd, managed by a South African national named Mark Shuttleworth. The company’s revenue comes from Ubuntu operating system support services. and is based on the Debian distribution. The word Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning Humanity To Others. With the introduction of Ubuntu, there was actually a new spirit in the software industry around the world. It follows a predictable release cycle, with new versions released every six months. Each release is supported for nine months, providing users with regular updates and access to the latest software. For greater security of this operating system, all running programs are normally run with the lowest level of access and cannot damage the user files or operating system. To enhance security, the Sudo command is used as a tool to temporarily execute higher-end software that can perform administrative tasks, as a result, it will prevent causing damage to the system. This tool is similar to Run as an administrator tool in the Windows operating system. To control access levels in Ubuntu, a tool called PolicyKit, also called PolKit, is used to secure the operating system as much as possible. By default, most network ports are closed by the firewall to prevent hacker attacks, and if the user wants to open a specific port, it can easily configure it with a firewall that is graphically embedded in the operating system. Ubuntu compiles software packages using GCC capabilities such as PIE and Buffer Overflow Protection to prevent damage from running software. After all, you can encrypt your home directory folders and your own folders in this operating system. These security features added to Ubuntu make it a secure operating system by default, although security is quite a relative term, Ubuntu has a relatively good degree of security by default anyway. One of the interesting things about Ubuntu is that it has a built-in architecture that makes it possible to use it as a server, as a desktop, as a phone and tablet operating system, and even as a television operating system.The interesting thing to know! CentOS and Ubuntu are almost among the most complete Linux distributions, now you think the priority should be choosing between CentOS or Ubuntu!
It comes in different flavors that feature alternative desktop environments such as GNOME, KDE Plasma, Xfce, and more.
- CloudLinux: It is an operating system designed specifically for shared hosting environments, where multiple websites are hosted on the same server. It is built on the Linux kernel and focuses on improving server stability, security, and resource allocation in shared hosting environments. For example, server administrators can check CPU, ram, or disk I / O with graphs in their dashboard (C-panel). This article attempts to describe the capabilities of Cloudlinux on the Cpanel control panel. CloudLinux is based on Centos OS and uses OpenVZ kernel and rpm packages. CloudLinux was founded in 2009 by Igor Seletskiy and the first version of this OS was released in January 2010. It also announced full compatibility with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 in 2011 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 in 2015. One of the most challenging tasks for any hosting provider is to manage the use of server resources by the user. An operating system called CloudLinux can make this easier. The main advantage of using CloudLinux is the restriction of the use of server resources by the user. Prior to CloudLinux, it was almost impossible for the administrator of the shared server to create ram, CPU, and disk I / O restrictions.
CloudLinux uses the concept of a Lightweight Virtual Environment (LVE) to allocate and control server resources on a per-user basis. Each website or user account is placed within its own LVE, which ensures that one’s account’s resource usage doesn’t negatively impact others. This aids in maintaining stability and prevents a single account from hogging server resources. The LVE Manager plugin, provided for the control of cPanel, Plesk, and DirectAdmin panels, allows you to create packages that limit the use of server resources by any user, thereby effectively controlling and managing them. The CloudLinux dashboard provides an overview of statistics and information for servers.
Mikrotik VPS: This server runs the MikroTik RouterOS operating system, it is headquartered in Latvia in northeastern Europe The company was founded in 2008 to develop and build ISP wireless systems and routers. Currently, the company manufactures hardware and software in the field of networking and the Internet and exports its products and services to most countries in the world (145 countries). Although the company has only 150 employees, it still produces quality active network equipment and has been very successful in the software industry. It is a powerful operating system that offers extensive networking features, including routing, firewall, VPN, bandwidth management, and more. It allows you to configure and manage complex network setups and services. Mikrotik is currently working with major companies such as Vodafone, HP, Motorola, Ericsson, Siemens, Mitsubishi, and even NASA. RouterOS proprietary software is one of the most important and popular Mikrotik software products. RouterOS is an operating system for Mikrotik Routerboard hardware. By installing this operating system on your PC you can use features such as firewalls, bandwidth management, Access Point Wireless, VPN servers, and so on. RouterOS is capable of being installed on all systems with a standard x5. RouterOS also provides access via FTP, telnet, and SSH. Licensing for each feature will be required to improve the performance level of this operating system. Mikrotik VPS can integrate with Mikrotik hardware devices as mentioned above, allowing for a unified network management approach. This integration enables centralized management and control of both virtualized and physical network infrastructure. Another good thing about this operating system is its ability to configure it with a software called Winbox on the Windows operating system, which will give its users a great sense of convenience with the graphical user interface. QuickSet is another well-developed Mikrotik software that lets users customize their router with just a few clicks. On Mikrotik VPS it is possible to create VPNs like PPTP, L2tp, etc.
Hosting VPS: It involves renting server resources from a hosting provider to run your virtual server environment. When you request a VPS from a hosting service provider, you can choose the amount of RAM, customize the hard drive capacity, and everything you need. In this case, these resources are privately received from the physical system and are available to the user within the VPS. The concept of VPS actually covers the weaknesses of shared hosting services and, on the other hand, gives its users much greater flexibility so that the user can plan for the resources available to them. As users have administrative access to VPS services, they can install custom changes and even custom software on their own servers.
As your needs grow, you can scale and upgrade your VPS resources. Many hosting providers offer options to increase CPU, RAM, storage, and bandwidth as required. This allows you to adapt the server environment to accommodate increasing traffic or changing resource demands.
Cloud VPS: This Virtual Private Server refers to a virtualized server environment that runs on a cloud computing infrastructure. It combines the benefits of virtualization and cloud computing to provide flexible, scalable, and reliable hosting solutions. The purpose of this environment for remote users is to access information without the need for high resources and no need to store, manage and process the information on their computers. It utilizes virtualization technologies such as hypervisor, to create and manage virtual server instances. Each virtual server acts as an independent entity with dedicated resources like CPU, RAM, storage, and network connectivity. The VPS cloud environment has all the software requirements needed to run it, and is not dependent on centralized software or a single physical server with the same hardware, making it possible for machines to run at any time. Relevant to any physical server available simply by migrating them online and offline.
Cloud is divided into four categories:
- Private cloud space: A private cloud is designed to be used in a particular organization. Of course, despite this, the cloud still needs to remain outside of the enterprise, in a dedicated data center space, and be in the cloud of cloud service providers to apply the concept of cloud. This type of cloud management can be managed from within the organization or can be assigned to a specialist center.
- Public Cloud: Public clouds are available for public use. Structurally, the only difference between this type of cloud and the private cloud model is that only certain people have access to the private cloud.
- Hybrid cloud space: When a cloud service provider offers both public and private cloud services, it is called a hybrid space. This happens when two separate cloud compartments are supposed to share information, or when a company has grown and started expanding its services.
- Social cloud space: A social cloud means a private cloud is shared between different entities and organizations. In fact, the social cloud is a public cloud that is restricted to certain organizations or entities.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a Virtual Server?
Virtual Server allows for resource consolidation, enabling multiple virtual machines to run on a single physical server. This reduces hardware costs as fewer physical servers are needed, resulting in savings on equipment, maintenance, and power consumption. As a result, we decided to guide you in choosing the right server by presenting the advantages and disadvantages of a virtual server.
Advantages of Virtual Server
- Despite offering similar features to a dedicated server, it is more affordable.
- Reliable and stable.
- Due to the allocation of resources (RAM, CPU, and memory) has a fast and good performance, which increases the loading speed, processing power, and capacity of the website.
- It has better security due to the separation of resources in the virtual server; Because in the virtual server, you can control users’ access in different sections, and no one can access your database.
- It is possible to customize the software in VPS, and you can adjust your VPS according to the required bandwidth and resources and the disk space required by your website.
- In VPS, root access is available to users to have more control over server processes.
Flexibility and upgrade of resources (storage memory, RAM, CPU) and applications in VPS are attractive advantages of virtual servers.
Disadvantages of Virtual Server
- Server management and configuration require technical knowledge, and beginners in managing it face problems that require being experts or hiring a specialist team.
- It costs more than shared hosting.
- Server maintenance and the process of fixing it are time-consuming and difficult.
- If the server is not configured properly, it will be vulnerable in terms of security, so you need to make settings to provide more security.
- It has less power and function than a dedicated server and will perform poorly for websites with very high traffic and high traffic.
What is the importance of Server Location?
The location of the server plays a crucial role in the performance, user experience, and regulatory compliance of online services. It is crucial to choose the right location of the server because the location of your virtual server database has a significant impact on the speed and ping of your site, so it is better to check your activity and target
Let’s dive into the factors that get affected by the location of the server.
Security: Server location can have implications for data privacy and regulatory compliance. Different countries and regions have specific data protection laws and regulations that dictate how personal and sensitive data should be handled and stored. Hosting da in compliance with these regulations may require the server to be located in specific jurisdictions.
For example, In some countries, certain authorities are allowed to access your personal information and can monitor the information about the sites they host. Also, an area that is politically unstable will not be reliable, and you should always worry about sensitive and important information on your Server.
Connectivity and speed of operations: The physical distance between a server and its users can impact network latency and response times. When the server is geographically closer to the users, data packets have shorter distances to travel, resulting in reduced latency and faster loading times for websites, applications, and other online services.
Therefore, performance speed is directly related to the choice of server geographical location; Choosing a location close to users is very important in the speed of loading and uploading site content and the performance of web applications.
Financial: Choosing a location in different countries is effective in paying for hosting services because you are required to pay for the service in foreign currency, and you should keep in mind that exchange rate fluctuations can increase your costs.
SEO: Server location can impact search engine rankings, particularly for location-specific searches. Search engines consider the server’s location when determining the relevance and quality of search results. Having a server located in the same region as the target audience can improve search rankings for local search queries. As a result, we emphasize that you choose a server where the target customers are present, in which case it will greatly impact your website and also play an important role in the site’s speed.
Monetize with VPS: It involves utilizing the resources and capabilities of the server to generate revenue or profit.VPS reduces your costs; A start-up business may not be able to afford the high cost of a dedicated server, but it saves money by buying a virtual server and can benefit from the same capabilities as a dedicated server. By estimating the cost of a virtual server compared to a dedicated server over a year, you will find out how much you have saved.
One of the most common ways to monetize a VPS is by offering web hosting services. You can host websites for clients or individuals, charging them free for server space, bandwidth, and other services. The excellent performance and quality of VPS also play an important role in cryptocurrency transactions; As you know, every moment and speed of action in digital currency transactions is essential, so slow and disconnected communication can lead to huge financial losses, so if you are active in the financial markets, it is time to change the shared hosting to VPS.
VPS or VDS?
We must say that the concept of VPS and VDS are the same; VDS stands for VIRTUAL DEDICATED SERVER and is technically a virtual server with completely dedicated resources.
Naturally, VDS performs better than VPS due to having dedicated resources and not using shared resources, and also, the specificity of VDS resources is effective in increasing server security. Still, VPS has performance limitations due to the combination of resources and has time latency and slow speed compared to VDS. But in practice, they are not fundamentally different from each other.
VPN or VPS?
To better understand the distinction between these two terms, we explain the meaning of VPN; Of course, most of you use a VPN, and by now, you must be familiar with it, so you know that a VPN provides a private and secure network for connecting to the Internet, And uses special protocols and encryption to protect information that is being moved.
Difference between VPN and VPS
VPN technology creates a secure and private connection over the internet. It allows users to access the internet securely encrypting their data and masking their IP address to protect privacy and enhance security. But VPS is a virtualized server that runs on physical server infrastructure. It provides dedicated resources and operates independently as a separate server environment.
- Ability to change IP and access blocked content.
- Protect your data and information sent over the Internet with the help of encryption.
- Increase the security of connecting to an insecure network.
Disadvantages of VPN
- Slow down the Internet due to adding a security layer to the Internet connection.
- It is problematic in some cases, such as the global trading market and Binance, due to the variability of IP.
- Possibility of poor performance and interruption in the connection.
- Increase mobile phone battery consumption.
- Endangering personal information such as user and password on your operating system by key loggers and trojans virus.
What is a dedicated Server?
A dedicated server refers to a physical server that is exclusively allocated to a single user or organization. Unlike shared hosting or virtual private server, where multiple users share server resources, a dedicated server provides full control and access to all the server resources for a single user.
For example, consider a dedicated server as a standalone villa with all the resources and facilities at your disposal. You do not have parking or a shared area, and you entirely use all the facilities without interference from others.
Differences between Virtual and Dedicated Servers
- A virtual server is cheaper than a dedicated server.
- The speed and performance of the dedicated server are higher than the virtual server due to having all the resources.
- Virtual server flexibility And scalability are more than a dedicated server; with the growth of the business, it is easier to scale on a virtual server than on a dedicated physical server.
- Dedicated server security against vulnerabilities such as viruses and information hacking and attacks are much higher because, in the dedicated server, resources are completely allocated to your sites, But in a virtual server, due to the shared resources, security is not provided as much as a dedicated server.
- In a dedicated server, the user is responsible for managing and applying settings on the server, so it requires expertise and technical knowledge, but in a virtual server, server management is easier; in contrast, there are restrictions on control and the ability to access settings and make changes to the virtual server.
Difference between Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting
- Shared hosts are much cheaper than VPS hosts.
- Server resources are shared with all users on the shared host.
- Server resources in VPSs are dedicated to users.
- Shared hosting is only suitable for low-traffic websites and beginner businesses.
- VPSs are suitable for high-traffic websites, businesses, and brands.
- VPS performance is definitely more than shared hosting.
- VPS users can customize their servers, but you do not have access to shared hosting to do this.
- The flexibility of VPS services is much more than shared hosting with respect to user management.
SSD or HDD?
Solid State Drive is a type of storage device that uses flash memory and, with separate memory cells, makes the stored bits quickly available to controllers to store data persistently.
The hard disk drive is a traditional storage device that uses spinning magnetic disks and mechanical components to store and retrieve data. It is a compartment consisting of screens covered with a ferromagnetic cover, and the data is read and written by a single head, which is transferred between different areas of the disk.
HDDs are cheaper than SSDs by offering more capacity (terabytes), and this advantage is important for those looking for a more affordable way to store data, But SSD is a smarter choice with its optimum speed on main drives (such as operating systems and applications).
Keep this in mind as well; The SSD consumes less power, so it has a positive role in the battery life of the device because it quickly accesses the desired data and reduces the high pressure on the device, but HDDs require more power than SSDs at startup due to their rotating screens.
And another point is that the SSD, due to the lack of drive components and immobility, has a lower risk of failure due to thermal problems or other factors and is more reliable. It is interesting to know that the error rate of SSD is 0.05%, while in HDD, this number reaches 5%.
From what we have said so far, you have noticed that a virtual server with an SSD has advantages such as high data access speed and a short waiting time for processing information requests; this speed increases the number of requests is done and processed in a short time, and vice versa, this process is slower on a virtual server with an HDD.
Because the access time to information is longer due to the presence of moving and rotating parts. Fast data access via SSD is an important advantage in the retrieval of information from databases.
Now that you are familiar with SSDs and HDDs, which do you think is a better choice for VPS?
In answering this question, first, the purpose and how to use VPS is important; If you need a lot of space to store information and you do not want to pay a lot for storage; Servers with NVME SSD and SATA interface are the best choice.
But if your goal is to create a database and you need powerful resources, execution speed, and access to the desired information. As a result, a virtual server with an SSD will perform better.
How is Virtual Server support?
Despite sufficient information from virtual servers and the availability of experienced developers, we sometimes encounter problems that we can not quickly solve the problems alone.
With a strong 24-hour support team in 99RDP, You will be able to solve a particular problem whenever and wherever you encounter it and continue to work with VPS with more ease than before.
What is Cloud VPS?
It offers users the ability to deploy and manage virtual servers in a flexible and scalable manner. It provides the advantages of cloud computing, such as high availability, scalability, and cost-efficiency, combined with the control and customization options of VPS.
When several computer systems process information together in an integrated manner, that integrated system is called a cloud server. The aggregation of these systems, which are interconnected in a network, has led to them being called cloud servers.
Top 5 Reasons to Use CloudServer Applications
- High speed
- High security
- Low cost
- Super flexibility
- Lots of storage space
Cloud servers can be located globally and provide services remotely through the cloud computing environment.
The Main Difference between a CloudServer and a VPS
The main difference between a virtual server and a cloud server becomes evident when, for example, you have a site that works with a cloud server. In the meantime, if there is a problem with your site server, it takes the resources and space it needs from several other servers!
However, on a standard virtual server, your site cannot do this.
Now that we have discussed cloud servers and virtual servers, it is not bad to continue to mention some points about shared hosting and virtual server and say which one should be the priority!
Better to buy a Shared Host or A VPS?
Three main factors to be considered while purchasing,
- Root Access
The first priority is always security but you cannot guarantee 100% security, but you can increase the security of the server.
For example, suppose you are at work, and several other people are working together in the same unit of the apartment; Meanwhile, if a person forgets for any reason and leaves the main door open, there is a possibility that the security of other people at the same time is in danger, in terms of security, shared hosting is ranked lower.
On the other view, because you have more customization capabilities in the virtual server, you can create better and more security settings and increase the server’s security! On the other hand, in a virtual server, someone else’s activity can not affect the security of your server.
Resources, if in shared hosting due to the consumption of shared resources; If other sites or any type of user that benefits from shared hosting use more available resources, it can affect the speed of your site or negatively impact any action of your shared hosting!
On the other view, having a virtual server can benefit from dedicated resources and good speed.
Root Access, The virtual server gives you root access to customize the root server according to your needs.
But in shared hosting, although we see more straightforward hosting and management, we do not have much freedom of action in these areas.
Let’s dive into some more points of attention,
- Shared hosts are much cheaper than VPS hosts.
- Server resources are shared for all users on the shared host.
- Server resources in VPSs are dedicated to users.
- Shared hosting is only suitable for low-traffic websites and beginner businesses.
- VPSs are ideal for high-traffic websites, companies, and brands.
- VPS performance is more than shared hosting.
- VPS users can customize their servers, but you do not have access to do this on shared hosting.
- The flexibility of VPS services is much more than shared hosting for user management.
So considering all the items explained, a virtual server can be a more sensible option even for Binance and trading!
Virtual Server Performance for Binance
Many people have the question of whether the virtual server has the necessary performance for Binance and the stock market or not.
It will definitely have a positive effect and can have many uses; With access to the virtual server, you can always stay online 24 hours a day, bypass the restrictions and sanctions in Binance, and stay away from slow internet and high ping!
What is Forex VPS and How to use it?
It is a virtualized server environment specifically optimized for running Forex trading platforms and executing automated trading strategies. It is designed to provide traders with low-latency and stable connections to their trading platforms, ensuring fast and reliable order execution in the foreign exchange market.
Some advantages of Forex VPS
- The fastest connection speed.
- Not affected by system blackouts or errors.
- Suitable for traders who use expert consultants.
- Transactions are enforceable when your system is turned off.
- You can open and run multiple MT4 panels from the same virtual server.
Do we need Programming Knowledge to use VPS?
No, you can use a virtual server normally, but the main difference is using a Linux or Windows virtual server; In the graphics part, Windows has a graphical environment and it is much easier to use than Linux.
But in a Linux server with no graphical environment and only access to Root and SSh environment, you need to learn the basic Linux commands and then start using the server!
How many sites can we host on a virtual server?
If you manage the VPS yourself, you can host multiple sites on one VPS depending on the server resources.
Be sure to notify your server vendor support before adding a new site!
How to connect to a Virtual Server?
Note that, you can use the RDP software to connect to the Windows VPS server, which is available by default on the Windows operating system; You can even use the Android or iOS version; on the other side, you can use Putty software to connect to the Linux VPS Server.
Is it possible to back up the VPS?
Sure, this is possible for VPS, you can back up your data on VPS Servers; No more worrying about losing or deleting your information; Note that if you do not have backup experience, notify the server support department so they can do it for you.
Can we exchange operating systems on VPS?
You will be able to change the type of operating system of your service; For example, if you have a Windows server, you can change the types of Windows operating systems; Not change the server operating system to Linux!
You can send a ticket to the support department and then your VPS operating system will be changed in a few steps.
Virtual Server Plan Upgrade
You can upgrade and use the plan of your choice at any time; You can tick the support of the desired service for this purpose to change your desired VPS service plan!
Software to connect to the server is considered by the VNC protocol that helps us to troubleshoot and test the server-side Internet network.
Applications of VNC Service
- Work in the graphical environment of the Linux operating system remotely.
- Virtual server access (VPS) in case the network is down, or the SSH service is unavailable.
- Install the operating system on a virtual server or cloud server.
How to Increase the Security of the Virtual Server?
Security should never be overlooked, let’s follow some important measures,
- Change your default login: SSH is the choice of many users to log in to the server, which is a way to connect two systems remotely; But be aware that when you use this method, you are exposed to brute-force attacks, which means that someone is trying to access your SSH with the help of common passwords. We recommend that you use strong passwords for your password; To do this, you can log in to your VPS and find the ssh-config file in / etc / ssh. In the next step, find the phrase PermitRootLogin and change its default value, YES, to NO; To provide more security, instead of a password login, you can use a key login, which is more secure against Brute-Force attacks.
- Don’t use older versions of the software: You can increase the security of the virtual server by updating the VPS version. Keep in mind that using older versions of software that are no longer obsolete and useless will reduce the security of your virtual server; You can easily update your operating system and software with just a few clicks.You can even use the auto-update feature. Below are some options you can use to update automatically, depending on your operating system.
- Apt-gets (for Debian and Ubuntu)
- Yum / rpm (for centOS)
- Cron jobs (a tool based on Linux)
Note that if you use content management systems, do not neglect to update them.
- Don’t neglect to set the firewall: Linux-based operating systems have a firewall by default. You can use the CSF tool, which is configServer, to more easily manage itables and integrate with other control panels. This firewall configuration script enhances the security of your VPS and at the same time provides a convenient user interface for managing your firewall settings. If you need more security and protection, you can add ModSecurity to your firewall; ModSecurity helps you track HTTP traffic, data centers, coding injections, and more. To keep in mind whether your firewall is default or custom, you need to set the following: Adjust the traffic filter according to the pattern you specified Set access permissions for some IP addresses Close ports that are not used to prevent scanning Establish rules and regulations that are always in order Always update rules to prepare for security issues.
- Don’t forget to back up the server: Backups are not dedicated to VPS and are an essential part of hosting, and we recommend that you save backups in a safe space so that if there is a problem with your server, you can back up any data that you want.
We have provided the possibility of backup in 99RDP servers. You can use this possibility to increase the security of your server or site and prevent the loss
How to choose the proper VPS?
What Is The Best Virtual Server? This is a question most people ask, it can be said that depending on your needs can be variable, and many different criteria make them effective in choosing the right VPS; In the following, we will examine the main cases;
RAM (random access memory): Depending on the need of your virtual server and your operation, the amount of RAM required also varies, the amount of RAM you choose is also one of the essential factors in determining the price of VPS!
Amount of storage space: The amount of space you choose can also significantly impact the cost of your VPS service; it is better to provide the right amount of space according to your needs.
CPU (Central Processing Unit): When buying a VPS, you should remember that the virtualizer’s processor is one of the processors of physical servers. Therefore you have to choose a suitable processor to achieve your goals, Be careful enough to determine the amount you need to either save on your expenses or not get less than you need.
Reasons you have to choose 99RDP Server?
You need to be fluent in Linux!: When you buy VPS, you first need to install the right operating system for it, which is often recommended because of the greater security of Linux. Once you have selected the desired Linux version, it’s time to install it on the virtual server, and then you have to do the firewall configuration and block unauthorized access to the server!
Leave all this to the technical experts of the 99RDP support department and use your server as efficiently as possible.
Forget working with frameworks: Imagine running a program with the Laravel framework; as you know, you need to install nmp and composer on the server to run it; But this is not the only case you have to install and configure PHP and possibly Apache. You are probably aware that installing and configuring all of these has its difficulties and does not end with Laravel alone. If you have any problems in your installation path, you can leave these steps to us so that we can do these services for you, and you will only enjoy the development and progress of your work!
An expert is with you at all times: It is enough to delete your site or endanger your site database with a wrong deletion or a wrong command. Such a bitter incident may lead you to start again from scratch, But do not worry, our specialists are ready to be by your side and protect your data.
Features that distinguish 99RDP from others
DDoS Protection: Our firewall systems dynamically detect incoming and outgoing brute-force and DDoS attacks, immediately respond to them, and take the appropriate actions to block them.
SSD Raid: Link multiple separate SSD and hard disks within an array to achieve greater throughput, reliability, and capacity over a large, expensive disk. Before buying a service, we assure you 0% data loss expectancy.
Rapid Restore: When it comes to data protection, you can not wait for the inevitable to happen! Be prepared with a reliable and stress-free Raid/rapid restore system.
Flexible Hardware: Using 99RDP remote desktop server, you can upgrade your RDP’s resources and vigor if needed without losing any data; We care about your data safety.